27. IDEs and Editors¶
In this part you will:
- Learn about Editors
- Many editors
Plone consists of more than 20.000 files! You need a tool to manage that. No development environment is complete without a good editor.
People pick editors themselves. Use whatever you are comfortable and productive with. Here are some of the most used editors in the Plone community:
Some features that most editors have in one form or another are essential when developing with Plone.
- Find in project (SublimeText 3:
cmd + shift + f)
- Find files in Project (SublimeText 3:
cmd + t)
- Find methods and classes in Project (SublimeText 3:
cmd + shift + r)
- Goto Definition (SublimeText3 with codeintel:
alt + click)
- Powerful search & replace
The capability of performing a full text search through the complete Plone code is invaluable. Thanks to omelette, an SSD and plenty of RAM you can search through the complete Plone code base in 3 seconds.
Some Editors/IDE’s have to be extend to be fully featured. Here are some packages we recommend when using Sublime Text 3:
- SublimeLinter with SublimeLinter-flake8 …
- INI (syntax for ini-Files)
This list outdates fast, especially VS Code