Mastering Plone 5 Development
Mastering Plone 5 Development#
This is the documentation for the "Mastering Plone 5" training.
Mastering Plone is intended as a week-long training for people who are new to Plone or want to learn about the current best practices of Plone development. It can be split in two trainings:
A beginner training (2 to 3 days) that covers chapters 1-18.
An advanced training (3 to 5 days) that covers the rest.
At conferences a shortened 2-day version of the advanced training with a slightly modified order is held.
- 1. About Mastering Plone
- 2. Introduction
- 3. What is Plone?
- 4. Installation & Setup
- 5. Installing Plone for the Training
- 6. What Vagrant is and does
- 7. The Case Study
- 8. The Features of Plone
- 9. The Anatomy of Plone
- 10. What's New in Plone 5, 5.1 and Plone 5.2
- 10.1. Default Theme
- 10.2. New UI and widgets
- 10.3. Folder Contents
- 10.4. Content Types
- 10.5. Resource Registry
- 10.6. Chameleon template engine
- 10.7. Control panel
- 10.8. Date formatting on the client side
- 10.9. plone.app.multilingual
- 10.10. New portlet manager
- 10.11. Remove portal_skins
- 10.12. Plone 5.1
- 10.13. Plone 5.2
- 11. Configuring and Customizing Plone "Through The Web"
- 12. Theming
- 13. Extending Plone
- 14. Extend Plone With Add-On Packages
- 15. Dexterity I: "Through The Web"
- 16. Buildout I
- 17. Write Your Own Add-Ons to Customize Plone
- 18. Return to Dexterity: Moving contenttypes into Code
- 19. Views I
- 20. Page Templates
- 21. Customizing Existing Templates
- 22. Views II: A Default View for "Talk"
- 23. Views III: A Talk List
- 24. Testing in Plone
- 25. Behaviors
- 26. Writing Viewlets
- 27. Programming Plone
- 28. IDEs and Editors
- 29. Dexterity Types II: Growing Up
- 30. Custom Search
- 31. Turning Talks into Events
- 32. User Generated Content
- 33. Resources
- 34. Using Third-Party Behaviors
- 35. Dexterity Types III: Python
- 36. Dexterity: Reference
- 37. Relations
- 38. Manage Settings with Registry, Control Panels and Vocabularies
- 39. Creating a Dynamic Front Page
- 40. Creating Reusable Packages
- 41. More Complex Behaviors
- 42. A Viewlet for the Votable Behavior
- 43. Making Our Package Reusable
- 44. Using starzel.votable_behavior in ploneconf.site
- 45. Releasing Your Code
- 46. Buildout II: Getting Ready for Deployment
- 47. Plone REST API
- 48. The Future of Plone
- 49. Optional
Please note that this document is not complete without the spoken word of a trainer.
Even though we attempt to include the most important parts of what we teach in the narrative but reading it here can in no way be considered equal to attending a training.