Mastering Plone 6 Development
Mastering Plone 6 Development#
Mastering Plone Development is intended as a training to learn proven practices of Plone development. It's both, an online course and a sketch for an on-the-spot training.
The story of a conference platform provides a week-long training of several development topics that can be split in two trainings:
A beginner training (2 to 3 days) covering the essentials of Plone and Plone Volto.
An advanced training (3 to 5 days) with additional advanced topics.
This is the Mastering Plone 6 Development Training.
Mastering Plone 6 Development Training supplements Mastering Plone 5 with known best practices for customizing and developing Plone 6: Plone Classic + frontend.
In chapters handling Volto React frontend is a link to a chapter that covers the corresponding tasks in Plone Classic, and vice versa.
Plone 6 is not yet released and thus the training is a work in-progress and there are still some rough edges.
- 1. About Mastering Plone
- 2. Watch the Training Video
- 3. Introduction
- 4. The Case Study
- 5. What is Plone?
- 6. Set up Plone
- 7. Set up Plone for the Training
- 8. The Features of Plone
- 8.1. Starting and Stopping Plone
- 8.2. Creating a Plone Site
- 8.3. Starting and Stopping the frontend
- 8.4. Walkthrough of the UI
- 8.5. Users
- 8.6. Configure a Mailserver
- 8.7. The site structure
- 8.8. Default content types
- 8.9. Containers
- 8.10. Collections
- 8.11. Content Rules
- 8.12. History
- 8.13. Manage members and groups
- 8.14. Workflows
- 8.15. Working copy
- 8.16. Placeful workflows
- 9. What's New in Plone?
- 10. Configuring and Customizing Plone "Through The Web"
- 11. Customizing Volto Components
- 12. Semantic UI
- 13. Theming in Volto
- 14. Extending Plone
- 15. Extending Plone With Add-on Packages
- 16. Write Your Own Python Add-On to Customize Plone
- 17. Dexterity I: Content types
- 18. Dexterity II: Talks
- 19. Dexterity: Reference
- 20. Volto App Development
- 21. Volto View Component: A Default View for a "Talk"
- 22. Behaviors
- 23. Creating a dynamic frontpage with Volto blocks
- 24. Programming Plone
- 25. IDEs and Editors
- 26. Vocabularies, Registry-Settings and Control Panels
- 27. Turning Talks into Events
- 28. Custom Search
- 29. Upgrade-steps
- 30. Testing in Plone
- 31. Using Third-Party Behaviors
- 32. Dexterity Types III: Sponsors
- 33. The Sponsors Component
- 34. Using Volto add-ons
- 35. Extending Volto With Custom Add-on Package
- 36. Extending Volto With a FAQ Block Type
- 37. Workflow, Roles and Permissions
- 38. Relations
- 38.1. Creating and configuring relations in a schema
- 38.2. RelationFields through the web or in xml
- 38.3. Using different widgets for relations
- 38.4. Accessing and displaying related items
- 38.5. Inspecting relations
- 38.6. Programming with relations
- 38.7. Relationfields without relations
- 38.8. The stack
- 39. Reusable Features packaged in add-ons
- 40. Complex Behaviors
- 41. REST API Endpoints
- 42. Volto Actions and Component State
- 43. Permissions
- 44. Releasing Your Code
- 45. Plone REST API
- 46. The Future of Plone
- 47. Optional
- 48. Using the code for the training
- 49. Trainer: Preparation
Please note that this document is not complete without the spoken word of a trainer.
We attempt to include the most important parts of what we teach in the training. But reading it here can not be considered equal to attending a training.