Mastering Plone 6 Development#
Mastering Plone Development is intended as a training to learn proven practices of Plone development. It's both, an online course and a sketch for an on-the-spot training.
The story of a conference platform provides a week-long training of several development topics that can be split in two trainings:
A beginner training (2 to 3 days) covering the essentials of Plone and Plone Volto.
An advanced training (3 to 5 days) with additional advanced topics.
This is the Mastering Plone 6 Development Training.
Mastering Plone 6 Development Training supplements Mastering Plone 5 Development with known best practices for customizing and developing Plone 6: Plone Classic + frontend.
In chapters handling Volto React frontend is a link to a chapter that covers the corresponding tasks in Plone Classic, and vice versa.
Plone 6 is not yet released and thus the training is a work in-progress and there are still some rough edges.
- 1. About Mastering Plone
- 2. Watch the Training Video
- 3. Introduction
- 4. The Case Study
- 5. Optional topics without documentation
- 6. What is Plone?
- 7. Set up Plone
- 8. Set up Plone for the Training
- 9. The Features of Plone
- 9.1. Starting and Stopping Plone
- 9.2. Creating a Plone Site
- 9.3. Starting and Stopping the frontend
- 9.4. Walkthrough of the UI
- 9.5. Users
- 9.6. Configure a Mailserver
- 9.7. The site structure
- 9.8. Default content types
- 9.9. Containers
- 9.10. Content Rules
- 9.11. History
- 9.12. Manage members and groups
- 9.13. Workflows
- 9.14. Working copy
- 9.15. Placeful workflows
- 10. What's New in Plone?
- 11. Configuring and Customizing Plone "Through The Web"
- 12. Customizing Volto Components
- 13. Semantic UI
- 14. Theming in Volto
- 15. Extending Plone
- 16. Extending Plone With Add-on Packages
- 17. Write Your Own Python Add-On to Customize Plone
- 18. Dexterity I: Content types
- 19. Dexterity II: Talks
- 20. Dexterity: Reference
- 21. Volto App Development
- 22. Volto View Component: A Default View for a "Talk"
- 23. Behaviors
- 24. Creating a dynamic frontpage with Volto blocks
- 25. Programming Plone
- 26. IDEs and Editors
- 27. Turning Talks into Events
- 28. Vocabularies, Registry-Settings and Control Panels
- 29. Custom Search
- 30. Upgrade-steps
- 31. Testing in Plone
- 32. Using Third-Party Behaviors
- 33. Dexterity Types III: Sponsors
- 34. The Sponsors Component
- 35. Using Volto add-ons
- 36. Extending Volto With Custom Add-on Package
- 37. Extending Volto With a FAQ Block Type
- 38. Workflow, Roles and Permissions
- 39. Relations
- 39.1. Creating and configuring relations in a schema
- 39.2. RelationFields through the web or in xml
- 39.3. Using different widgets for relations
- 39.4. Accessing and displaying related items
- 39.5. Inspecting relations
- 39.6. Programming with relations
- 39.7. Relationfields without relations
- 39.8. The stack
- 40. Reusable Features packaged in add-ons
- 41. Complex Behaviors
- 42. REST API Endpoints
- 43. Volto Actions and Component State
- 44. Permissions
- 45. Releasing Your Code
- 46. Using plone.restapi without Volto
- 47. Using the code for the training
- 48. Trainer: Preparation
Please note that this document is not complete without the spoken word of a trainer.
We attempt to include the most important parts of what we teach in the training. But reading it here can not be considered equal to attending a training.